Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Praying for Queensland

I was going to do a Happy New Year post and fill you in on our holidays but I must pause my plans to tell you all that I felt I needed to do this....

I have never personally been in a flood of any type but I have been so moved by the horrendous flooding in Queensland and have begun praying earnestly for the people affected by it.
I hear there are many people missing including young families, quite a few dead and countless people have lost their homes.
I only have two blog-gy friends Ganeida and Amanda (who is on a break from blogging) who live up in Queensland and I am not sure if they live in the flood affected area but I just wanted you and any other Queenslanders that read this to know that as a family we are praying for you all.
Our prayer team in our church is praying for you all as well.

We prayed after dinner tonight as a family and when Ron and I finished praying I felt that Rebekah also wanted to pray so I asked her if she did, to which she simply said "God I pray that the people in the floods in Queensland are all okay", simple but to the point, Amen Rebekah!

We love you guys up in Queensland and even though I cannot imagine what you must be going through I just wanted you to know we are thinking of and praying for you.....

p.s. edited on 12/01/2011 to add Jo to my list of friends who live in Qld, sorry Jo, how could I forget such a lovely bloggy friend! I forgot you lived up there when I did this post yesterday!

8 comments:

Mrs B said...

Amen!

It's awful, isn't it...

Ganeida said...

Rosemary: we are very safe & won't be affected except that travelling to & from the mainland will be dodgy for a bit. Briz river has burst its banks & the CBD has shut down. Ruby, at mumma's place, is at Rocky. She is safe but all around her places have flooded. Your prayers are greatly appreciated, especially Rebekah's. Thank you for caring.

Butterfly said...

It's heart wrenching, and we too are praying for the people ... those still awaiting rescue, the families of those lost (sadly we do know of a couple), those who are scared and in need of the Lord's comfort. I hope many will pray in their hour of need.

Amy said...

We are praying too! May the Lord bless you and keep you all, may He make His face to shine upon you and give you peace.

Clara said...

I have relatives up there who've been evacuating their house and taking belongings away to higher ground. I've never been in a flood like that either (only minor flooding), and I can't imagine anything like the inland tsunami they experienced, or seeing floods larger in area size than France and Germany combined. That is phenomenal. It's also scary in the north where crocodiles and snakes are on the move looking for dry hiding places and food (even venturing into houses because they are the only dry place in some spots... UGH!). Certainly keeping it all in prayer.

Sarah said...

I feel the same, having never been in a flood, I just cannot imagine what everyone is going through, but prayer is something I can do and God certainly answers our prayers. xxx

Tea said...

I have been trying to keep them in my prayers too. I can only imagine how difficult it must be.

Finding Joy said...

Thank you for those wonderful kind words, I am safe in Canberra (not Qld) but I have a number of close family who live in Brisbane, one who is in a flood affected suburb and the ground flood is flooded but not the living area on the second floor. I come from a very close family so each others safety is very important, but so far all is ok. We have been communicating via facebook so we all know what is happening.